The ILABB is a non-profit organization for professionals involved in Transfusion Medicine and:
- provides continuing education
- promotes professional relationships
- responds to state and regional transfusion issues
- encourages collaborative efforts
- recognizes accomplishments of local transfusion medicine contributors
ILABB accomplishes this through:
- Educational Meetings, held in the spring and fall, complete with vendor exhibits and participation for nurses, donor technicians, donor resource professionals, laboratory technicians, medical technologists, clinical laboratory scientists, quality assurance professionals, compliance staff, administrators and physicians. These two meetings afford attendees an opportunity to meet with their peers in an informal, relaxed environment, as well as attend quality seminars covering all areas of Transfusion Medicine. The meetings are both held in the Chicago-land area.
- Serologic/case studies workshops, held once a year in various locations around the state, provide opportunities for laboratory technicians and medical technologists to participate in a lecture and case study seminar and help enhance their problem-solving skills in the blood bank laboratory.
- An annual Dinner Meeting, held at a Chicago-area restaurant provides participants an opportunity to collaborate with their peers in a relaxed evening setting and enjoy an entertaining speaker on lighter transfusion medicine topics. ILABB sponsored awards are announced at this meeting in the late spring.
- An annual Case Studies seminar, where local experts present their own data, experiences, and results for the audience to share.